Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Activity 1-12-11 sceintific method

What is sceintific method?

Relate the scientific process to the experiment we did with surfaces and liquids.

- When i started my experiment  didnt really know what was going to happen with the different liquids on the surfaces, but i did have some sort of guess.  Some of my guesses ended up being correct, others did not.  I first put 4 different liquids on a glass cake pan.  The water stayed in a circle shape, and so did the dish soap, i was pretty sure it would do that because i have seen both of these liquids on glass before.  I then did white wine and didn't really know what to expect, and i didn't think what ended up happening would happen.  the wine went all over, and rolled off the edge of the upside down cooking sheet.  My guess about why that happened is because it is a very thin liquid.  I then put oil on the glass, i figured that it would stay in place, and it did for a bit but then started moving out more and more, i think it did this because if its weight, gravity must have kept pulling it down.  the next surface i used was wood, i didnt know what to expect at all.  i poured two different liquids on it, water and milk.  the water spread out so fast that i hardly had time to take a picture, and the milk stayed in a pretty good circle shape.  Still i don't really know why, i am thinking because the wood is more porous, that more of the liquid soaks up? Most of my hypothesis ended up being pretty accurate, even though i dont really know why things happened the way that they did.  Maybe someday when i have more time i will really pay close attention to every little detail to find out why things move the way they do.  I would not want to present my information to anyone yet, because i an not very confident with my explanations yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment