Tuesday, January 11, 2011

What I learned...

A few years ago i began a new job that required me to become a barista (coffee shop worker),  this was a long process of memorizing a bunch of different drinks, their measurements, and the way of repairing them.  through this process it took a lot of time getting used to the machine we had to use to prepair the drinks.  Everyday i would practice where to hold the steam wands, were to place the espresso cups, an how to properly work the boiling water.  After burning myself i don't even know how many times, i finally got the hang of it.  Still to this day  cant remember what is in every single drink, but i can remember most.  This was one of the most frustrating times of my life, because if one part of the drink was not perfect, my boss would not let us serve it to our costumers.  Making a simple mocha, it really not as easy as it sounds to most people. 

No comments:

Post a Comment